Beetle Circus Beetle Circus

Nice to know I'm not alone

It's nice knowing I'm not the only person who enjoys playing with odd time signatures. (One of my latest pieces - "Fox Hunt Over Rooftops" - is composed entirely in 7/4.)

My only real complaint about this song is that the trumpet is a bit intrusive; when it comes in, it kinda' takes over the piece. I'd've toned it down a bit if I were you.

My fave bit is the transition that starts around 1:44. Very nifty.

4/5

~- Lucky Star -~ ~- Lucky Star -~

A really good song aside from some voume issues

Sounds like you've turned the bass up to the extent that it's distorting everything. Was that on purpose? I somehow doubt it, and if it was, it seems out of place here.

Aside from that, though, no complaints. I'll have to go listen to the original now.

BCCB responds:

I was never good at making a good mix of my projects. It will always be one of my weaker points. But I'm grateful that you pointed it out to me.

The strange thing is that I could not find the original. I used DJ Babyboi and DJ Loopy's Remix as inspiration, actually.

Torn To Pieces Torn To Pieces

That was incredible.

I love it. I really do. I just wish it were a full-length song instead of a short loop. Despite that, respect. Five stars.

Reticence responds:

Thanks for the review! =D

Apparently a lot of people don't think so =(

Almost Famous Almost Famous

Interesting...

Total disorder. And yet the absurdly random sounding notes create an interesting effect. I could imagine this being properly used in a flash to great effect.

3/5

~This is My Domain~ (Demo) ~This is My Domain~ (Demo)

People rate your stuff 0 is because...

... They feel like it. Seriously, they're just dicks. It has nothing to do with the quality of your music.

Anyway, I have to agree with the guy below me. The start of a great track, and would be better with lyrics.

My only real complaint is that the bass doesn't vary more. I just hits the same keys over and over again. Variate that a bit, and you could make it sound much more interesting.

Isoken responds:

Thanks for the review! =)

I'm still trying to figure out how to make my bass sound more "delicious". Right now it's only the basic presets I can figure out =(

As for lyrics, I'm still trying to think of what they'd be like...

Generic Dance Loop Generic Dance Loop

Awesome.

I'd love to see this made into an entire song, not merely a loop.

gregaaron89 responds:

I actually did it, and finished, but the file got corrupted and I'm not going to bother doing it again...

MiD - Transport v2 MiD - Transport v2

Longer?

I think it goes without saying that this would be better if it were longer, but I'd like to also point out that there could've been a lot more variation within those thirty-one seconds of music. As it is, it may as well have been fifteen seconds long instead. It would've made no difference.

Mid-Night responds:

First people complained it was too long, and then it was too short, and then it's too long again.

Awesome.

Forest Ambient Forest Ambient

Nice

It sort of seems to ramble on senselessly, but in a good way.

Cuzone responds:

Thanks for your review man. Senselessly in a good way... I like that :)
Cheers!

The Rage of Mr. Clock The Rage of Mr. Clock

Too repeatitive

As background music, maybe,. With vocals, maybe. But on it's own, it's just too repetitive. By half way through, I was bored of it. Each motif sounds good, but not particularly original, and each gets overused.

4/5

MadHamish responds:

I am in full agreement with you. variety wasnt really my main focus on this one. I was tryin just to practice making a clean mix. I was seriously considering putting some vocals in it too. a computer voice perhaps?